Sunday, October 27, 2013

Liebster! is that a word even or..?

So I was (graciously) awarded with the Liebster award many months ago, but unfortunately got rather down about my life which, come on ladies, allows no time for blogging.
However, the very person who bestowed this award onto my peasantry… *catch in the throat*…
Has officially given me faith in humanity and all other previously intolerable things *tear rolls down cheek*
So I would like to thank Kate <3 for her nomination and sisterly love… I will now break my procrastination streak (which, no lie, postponed this acceptance speech these many a month), for my sweet lil sis, without whom I’d be swinging from a metaphorical noose by now.
The official Rules of this very official award: (ahem)

    You must share 11 things about yourself.
    Answer the 11 questions that your tagger has given you.
    Choose 11 other blogs for the nomination.
    Leave 11 questions for your nominees.
    Lastly, thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.

Alright buckle up, we’re taking the rickety roller-coaster into my mellifluous cognizance.
JK I don’t even know what those last two words are really.
1.    I am completely dependent on some Aussy whom I’ve deemed my “Lil Sis”, whose Email correspondence I think we’ve covered? Yeah? Kay. She’s important.
2.     I’m not academically smart enough to acquire my own enormous goals.  Some days I’m not even sure I want what I say I want. So no progress in that particular region as of today.
3.    My mother doesn’t believe in love. She doesn’t believe in luck. She is a self-proclaimed cynic and sometimes I wish I didn’t feel like I had to lie about my aspirations on the less… “Going to happen probably” side.  Because I really respect my mom and I don’t want her to think I’m a silly little girl.
4.    I’m turning seventeen this march.  One Email from lil sis ago, and I would have told you I’m severely disappointed in myself and all of the nothing I’ve accomplished. Really though.. I have a lot to be proud of. I haven’t done much toward my “future” but maybe I’ve done a lot of prep work toward my path. When you think about it… It is all “mind forged” (yes, I just quoted someone much younger than me. I regret nothing.) Who cares if I spend my nights watching Clubland and Bob’s burgers?  that’s who I am.
5.    I’m starting to realize that things aren’t going to be exactly how you dream they would be, and that sucks , but also I know I can get pretty damn close, and It’ll be that much sweeter when I get there. So, I’m okay for now. 
Not too shabby.
6.    I am home schooled and consequently get probably a fifth of the social life of a normal teenager. I really appreciate people when I meet them, and I find myself entirely too sensitive in that regard. Like every person I meet with a mildly upsetting story and I’m a ball of empathy. Also when I see people sitting on a statue in  Germany, I think about them months later, especially when they have a very knowing look about them, like they’re about to say something hilarious but they keep it inside, like some genius.
7.    I’m still working on my voice as a writer, which I’m beginning to realize is code for I’m still tring to find my voice as a person. I mean UI have one, and it seems to be adequately loud and opinionated, but I hate how I come off, and I would love to meet someone exactly like Gatsby who “understands a person and believes in them, exactly how they want to be understood and believed in”, old sport.
8.    I cried at the end of that movie.
9.    Until I saw that no one else in my family was crying and I straight up absorbed those tears into my skin before anyone could see.
10.    I haven’t the slightest Idea what I’m going to be when I’m a grown up. And also, I’m tired of telling people “lawyer” when they ask me that.
11.    I am so tired lately. Usually I wish that things would just go back to the way they were when I was three. It was the only time I felt safe and happy, ever since then I’ve sort of been juggling between the two- though maybe that’s the fun of it. I am always on my toes, at least. And I’ve learned FROM MY Europe trip that you can find comfort in constant change, its exhilarating even, at times. That’s life though right?

The 11 questions my lil sis concocted and bequeathed unto me-

    What is your favourite candle scent?
GLOL I think I actually told you this already- fluffy towels.
(disclaimer *that scent does not have any correlation to me as a person.)
    What celebrity to you want to be your sibling?
Yikes… I kind of want to be the celebrity sibling… heh.
    How many countries have you been to?
Only Three ;___;
    What is your favourite cartoon?
Does anime count? Ouran high school host club/soul eater
    Where would you rather be right now?
I would say the Czech republic but I’m actually feeling France now… or maybe Italy. I don’t know Europe.
    What is your least favourite colour?
You mean color. Vanilla.
    What is the most annoying song on the radio at the moment?
“what does the fox say” It is also my favorite song on the radio right now.
    What was the best decade of the twentieth century?
mmmm…. The earliest- around Downton Abbey times. (BTW, these questions are so you, it’s hilarious.)
    What is the funniest word you know?
Tomfoolery – hands down
     Would you ever shave your head for charity?
Yep. I shaved my head two years ago because I had dred locks and I discovered that’s gross. (albeit cute(when decorated with sea shells and stuff))
    When was the last time you drank milk?
This mornin’. Probably around 8 o’clock.

My questions:
1.    If you could be on a different plane, in a different dimension, what color would the sky be and why?
2.    Name a person you would definitely not enjoy having coffee with.
3.    So now you’re having coffee with this person, what are they criticizing you about?
4.    Would you rather have braces for eyebrows (you can pick the color), or another iris right on your nose?
5.    What T.V. show do you wish you could watch without giving them your view?
6.    If you could pick one animal to evolve and become as intelligent as humans, which would it be?  (cant pick dolphins or sea sponges; they’ve exceeded us)
7.    If you could pick your legacy, what would it be?
8.    What would you engrave on your epitaph (assuming you are to be buried and not cremated or turned into a diamond or whatever?)
9.    Fav poet?
10.    Favorite aspect of childhood?
11.    trait you look for in people. (not including physical attributes)

Nom-Noms!
Anevay
http://riotgirlpower.blogspot.com
Gwendolen
http://theirfancies.blogspot.com/
Chloe
http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/
Flossa
http://www.whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/
Sophie
http://plainlysophie.com/
Jena
http://jfates-and-fables.blogspot.com/
Aida
http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk/

Sorry this is only eight! ;___; I’m tired and it’s dark out

Thanks so much, again to my lil sis for everything and everything and everything. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominated me!!!!!
    Here is my Liebster-Award post: http://riotgirlpower.blogspot.de/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete